* The organization may schedule fights for January 20th if the number of athletes registered exceeds our capacity to fit the event in six days.
Prices: $100.00 (USD) until October 11th, 2019
$118.00 (USD) until November 8th, 2019
$138.00 (USD) until January 11th, 2020
* Date(s) and time(s) based on event location.
Athletes affiliation and
Academy registration deadline
Dec 27th, 2019
Jan 11th, 2020
Athlete correction deadline
Jan 12th, 2020
Team correction by professor
From Jan 13th, 2020 to Jan 14th, 2020
Jan 16th, 2020 @ 5:00 PM WET
Schedule release date
Jan 18th, 2020
Brackets release date
Jan 18th, 2020
Athletes affiliation and academy registration deadline
All athletes must have a valid membership ID in order to register and compete in tournaments.
All academies must be registered in order for its students to register in the competition.
All the documentation must be sent properly filled and signed as instructed on the e-mail received when soliciting your affiliation online. Athletes with pending and/or incorrect documentation won’t be able to register for the tournament, as they need to have their request approved first.
For information about how to become a member or renew your membership please access this page.
For more information on how to register your academy please access this page.
Belt & Age Divisions
|Male and Female:|
|Year of Birth||Age division||Belt|
|2004||Juvenile 1||White, Blue, Purple|
|2003||Juvenile 2||White, Blue, Purple|
|2002 and before||Adult||White*, Blue, Purple, Brown, Black|
|1990 and before||Master 1||White*, Blue, Purple, Brown, Black|
|1984 and before||Master 2||White*, Blue, Purple, Brown, Black|
|1979 and before||Master 3||White*, Blue, Purple, Brown, Black|
|1974 and before||Master 4||Blue, Purple, Brown, Black|
|1969 and before||Master 5||Blue, Purple, Brown, Black|
|1964 and before||Master 6||Blue, Purple, Brown, Black|
|1959 and before||Master 7||Blue, Purple, Brown, Black|
Athletes who placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd are eligible to register for the Open Class bracket.
Juvenile 1 & 2 blue and purple belts will have two open class divisions; Open Class Light, from rooster to lightweight and Open Class Heavy, from middle to ultra-heavyweight.
White Belts (all weight divisions) – There will not be an open class for these divisions.
Black Belt Adult – All athletes are eligible to compete in open class.
How to register?
The athletes who are willing to register for the open class may do so at the event’s open class registration table. Athletes must register in Open Class within 15 minutes after receiving their medal awards. There will be a registration deadline for the black belt adult division, which will be posted alongside the event’s schedule. Athletes will not be able to register for the open class division after its registration deadline.
• The IBJJF understands the importance of an athlete to have a match when registering for our tournaments, and because of that, we decided to allow a few changes on the juvenile’s registration when necessary.
• On January 15th, 2020 Juvenile 1 athletes may move up one weight or age division in order to have an opponent when he or she is alone in their weight division.
• IBJJF does not guarantee that the division in which you are registered will have competitors on the day of the event.
• If you have at least one other athlete in your division, you will not be able to move up to another division.
• Refer to the schedule link in order to know when you should be at the event and inside the warm up area.
• Click here for information on the computer management system used for this event.
• It is mandatory to have an official government photo ID at all times.
• The official weight measurements of this event is in KILOGRAMS.
• Athletes are subject to blood and/or urine testing for any substance or method on the World Anti-Doping Agency (“WADA”) Prohibited List (click here to view). You may review the WADA Code by clicking here.
The registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Exemption: Athletes who are alone in their division are eligible to receive a full refund of the registration if they
• Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request to withdraw their name from the competition on the day of the tournament’s Registration Checkday before 5pm (event local time)
• Remain alone in their division after the Registration Checkday
If an athlete’s division becomes populated with an additional athlete(s) on or before the Registration Checkday, the athlete will remain in their division and will no longer qualify for a refund.
• Athletes will receive a complimentary event t-shirt which they should pick up at the event. All t-shirts should be picked up at the event’s shirt booth.
• Athletes who place in 1st, 2nd and 3rd in their division will receive a medal at the event. All the medals should be picked up at the event’s podium.
• Each team can only have two athletes in the same division bracket (of age/weight/belt). If your team has more than 2 athletes in the same division, the professor needs to email email@example.com prior to professor’s correction deadline in order to create different teams for the same academy. This rule does not prevent you from registering for the event.
• There will be five trophies awarded for this event:
• Any false information provided during registration such as, but not limited to, DOB, may lead to immediate disqualification. Such actions are subject to suspension or even banishment from future IBJJF events.
• If you are alone in your bracket you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org till the day before registration check day and request a change on your registration. IBJJF does not guarantee that the division you want to be moved to will have another competitor at the day of the event.
• We try to accommodate as many athletes as possible in our events, but there is a limit on the number of athletes in order to guarantee a high quality event.
• IBJJF reserves the right to close registration when we reach full capacity, or on the day of the appointed event registration deadline, whichever comes first.
• It is the responsibility of the athlete to be knowledgeable of the rules and guidelines pertaining to the sport (as outlined in the IBJJF Rules Book).
• We strongly suggest that athlete registration is finalized before making any travel arrangements.
• Athletes 18 years old or younger, which have previously worn a belt from a belt rank that no longer exist for his/her current age range, according to the IBJJF Graduation System, will only be allowed to compete in a belt rank that matches that athlete’s current age group.
• Before each fight, athletes will be asked to show their valid form of photo identification(ID) to the officials. Make sure you have it on hand.
• Signs/flags are not permitted inside the event facility.
• This tournament is organized by the International BJJ Inc. in partnership with the International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation and the Federação Portuguesa do Jiu-Jitsu Brasileiro.